- This topic is empty.
December 5, 2020 at 8:47 pm #9689Helen LouviereGuest
by Jeanette Winterson
- Publisher: Grove Press
- Awards: John Llewellyn Rhys Prize (1987), Commonwealth Writers’ Prize Nominee for Best Book in South Asia and Europe (1988)
- Release date: August 7, 1997
- Places: Venice
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, lgbt, queer, historical, fantasy, literature, novels, romance
- Author: Jeanette Winterson
- Format: paperback, 176 pages
- ISBN: 9780802135223 (0802135226)
About The Book
Jeanette Winterson’s novels have established her as one of the most important young writers in world literature. The Passion is perhaps her most highly acclaimed work, a modern classic that confirms her special claim on the novel. Set during the tumultuous years of the Napoleonic Wars, The Passion intertwines the destinies of two remarkable people: Henri, a simple French soldier, who follows Napoleon from glory to Russian ruin; and Villanelle, the red-haired, web-footed daughter of a Venetian boatman, whose husband has gambled away her heart. In Venice’s compound of carnival, chance, and darkness, the pair meet their singular destiny.
In her unique and mesmerizing voice, Winterson blends reality with fantasy, dream, and imagination to weave a hypnotic tale with stunning effects.
Online The Passion on iPhone on Amazon. Hardcover book The Passion Jeanette Winterson buy. PDF ebook The Passion download iOS.
FB2 The Passion by Jeanette Winterson read on IndieBound. MOBI ebook The Passion read online on Dymocks. TXT book The Passion Jeanette Winterson for reader.
Hardback ebook The Passion download for Kindle. Paperback book The Passion by Jeanette Winterson buy cheap on Walmart. MP3 The Passion by Jeanette Winterson read online on Kobo.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.