- This topic is empty.
November 7, 2020 at 10:29 am #4581Liz BattishilGuest
The Night Diary
by Veera Hiranandani
- Author: Veera Hiranandani
- Language: english
- Awards: Newbery Medal Nominee (2019), Jane Addams Children’s Book Award for Older Children Honor (2019), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Middle Grade & Children’s (2018), Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award Nominee (2020)
- Release date: March 6, 2018
- Format: hardcover, 264 pages
- Genres: historical, fiction, india, childrens, family, juvenile
- Publisher: Kokila
- ISBN: 9780735228511 (0735228515)
- Places: India
About The Book
In the vein of Inside Out and Back Again and The War That Saved My Life comes a poignant, personal, and hopeful tale of India’s partition, and of one girl’s journey to find a new home in a divided country
It’s 1947, and India, newly independent of British rule, has been separated into two countries: Pakistan and India. The divide has created much tension between Hindus and Muslims, and hundreds of thousands are killed crossing borders.
Half-Muslim, half-Hindu twelve-year-old Nisha doesn’t know where she belongs, or what her country is anymore. When Papa decides it’s too dangerous to stay in what is now Pakistan, Nisha and her family become refugees and embark first by train but later on foot to reach her new home. The journey is long, difficult, and dangerous, and after losing her mother as a baby, Nisha can’t imagine losing her homeland, too. But even if her country has been ripped apart, Nisha still believes in the possibility of putting herself back together.
Told through Nisha’s letters to her mother, The Night Diary is a heartfelt story of one girl’s search for home, for her own identity…and for a hopeful future.
Online book The Night Diary Veera Hiranandani read iPhone on Kobo. Hardback The Night Diary. TXT ebook The Night Diary download for Android on IndieBound. PDF The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani buy.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.