- This topic is empty.
November 5, 2020 at 8:54 am #4186Angi OliphantGuest
The Hate U Give
(The Hate U Give, #1)
by Angie Thomas
- Release date: February 28, 2017
- Characters: Khalil, Starr, Seven
- Author: Angie Thomas
- Places: United States of America, Garden Heights
- ISBN: 9780062498533 (0062498533)
- Publisher: Balzer + Bray
- Format: hardcover, 444 pages
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, race, teen
- Awards: National Book Award Nominee for Young People’s Literature (2017), Odyssey Award (2018), William C. Morris YA Debut Award (2018), Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Young Adult Literature (2017), Edgar Award Nominee for Best Young Adult (2018)
- Language: english
- Series: The Hate U Give, #1
About The Book
An alternate cover edition of ISBN 9780062498533 can be found here.
Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.
Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil’s name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr.
But what Starr does — or does not — say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life.
Inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, this is a powerful and gripping YA novel about one girl’s struggle for justice.
MOBI ebook The Hate U Give Angie Thomas download for Kindle. FB2 book The Hate U Give read online on Kobo. PDF The Hate U Give buy cheap iPad on Dymocks.
FictionBook book The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. MP3 The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas download on PocketBook on IndieBound. Hardback ebook The Hate U Give read.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.