- This topic is empty.
November 4, 2020 at 5:18 am #3936Reunion HunterGuest
The Faraway Nearby
by Rebecca Solnit
- Genres: essays, memoir, biography, writing, travel, philosophy, autobiography, feminism
- Publisher: Viking
- Awards: PEN/Diamonstein-Spielvogel Award for the Art of the Essay Nominee for Shortlist (2014), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Autobiography (2013), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Nonfiction (2014)
- ISBN: 9780670025961 (0670025968)
- Release date: June 13, 2013
- Format: hardcover, 259 pages
- Author: Rebecca Solnit
- Language: english
About The Book
In this new book by the author of A Paradise Built in Hell, Rebecca Solnit explores the ways we make our lives out of stories, and how we are connected by empathy, by narrative, by imagination. In the course of unpacking some of her own stories — of her mother and her decline from memory loss, of a trip to Iceland, of an illness — Solnit revisits fairytales and entertains other stories: about arctic explorers, Che Guevara among the leper colonies, and Mary Shelley’s Dr. Frankenstein, about warmth and coldness, pain and kindness, decay and transformation, making art and making self. Woven together, these stories create a map which charts the boundaries and territories of storytelling, reframing who each of us is and how we might tell our story.
MP3 The Faraway Nearby Rebecca Solnit read PocketBook. PDF ebook The Faraway Nearby download on IndieBound. EPUB book The Faraway Nearby buy cheap. FB2 book The Faraway Nearby by Rebecca Solnit on PC on Audible. Hardback ebook The Faraway Nearby Rebecca Solnit read online.
MOBI The Faraway Nearby download for Mac on Kobo. TXT ebook The Faraway Nearby buy. Online book The Faraway Nearby by Rebecca Solnit for iOS on Powells. Paperback The Faraway Nearby Rebecca Solnit on reader. FictionBook ebook The Faraway Nearby read on Bookshop.