- This topic is empty.
November 6, 2020 at 11:33 pm #4489Alyssa SalvaneraGuest
The Art of Fielding
by Chad Harbach
- Format: hardcover, 512 pages
- Awards: Guardian First Book Award Nominee (2012), PEN/Hemingway Foundation Award Nominee (2012), Library of Virginia Literary Award Nominee for Fiction (finalist) (2012), Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Art Seidenbaum Award for First Fiction (0), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2012)
- Characters: Henry Skrimshander, Mike Schwartz, Owen Dunne, Guert Affenlight, Pella Affenlight
- Genres: fiction, sports, baseball, contemporary, novels, literature
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780316126694 (0316126691)
- Author: Chad Harbach
- Places: Westish, Wisconsin, Wisconsin
- Release date: September 7, 2011
About The Book
At Westish College, a small school on the shore of Lake Michigan, baseball star Henry Skrimshander seems destined for big league stardom. But when a routine throw goes disastrously off course, the fates of five people are upended.
Henry’s fight against self-doubt threatens to ruin his future. College president Guert Affenlight, a longtime bachelor, has fallen unexpectedly and helplessly in love. Owen Dunne, Henry’s gay roommate and teammate, becomes caught up in a dangerous affair. Mike Schwartz, the Harpooners’ team captain and Henry’s best friend, realizes he has guided Henry’s career at the expense of his own. And Pella Affenlight, Guert’s daughter, returns to Westish after escaping an ill-fated marriage, determined to start a new life.
As the season counts down to its climactic final game, these five are forced to confront their deepest hopes, anxieties, and secrets. In the process they forge new bonds, and help one another find their true paths. Written with boundless intelligence and filled with the tenderness of youth, The Art of Fielding is an expansive, warmhearted novel about ambition and its limits, about family and friendship and love, and about commitment — to oneself and to others.
Paperback The Art of Fielding read online. FB2 ebook The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach download on Mac on Barnes & Noble. TXT book The Art of Fielding Chad Harbach buy for iOS. FictionBook The Art of Fielding on Bookshop. PDF book The Art of Fielding read iPhone.
MP3 ebook The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach download on Amazon. EPUB The Art of Fielding PC on Dymocks. Hardcover book The Art of Fielding Chad Harbach buy cheap. MOBI ebook The Art of Fielding download on Books-a-Million. Hardback The Art of Fielding Chad Harbach for PocketBook.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.