- This topic is empty.
November 5, 2020 at 5:38 am #4155Emma GantGuest
Play It As It Lays
by Joan Didion, David Thomson
- Genres: fiction, classics, novels, literature, contemporary, american, feminism, womens
- Author: Joan Didion, David Thomson
- ISBN: 9780374529949 (0374529949)
- Release date: November 15, 2005
- Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
- Places: Los Angeles, California, Mojave Desert, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Characters: Maria Wyeth, Carter Lang, BZ
- Format: paperback, 231 pages
- Language: english
About The Book
A ruthless dissection of American life in the late 1960s, Play It as It Lays captures the mood of an entire generation, the ennui of contemporary society reflected in spare prose that blisters and haunts the reader. Set in a place beyond good and evil — literally in Hollywood, Las Vegas, and the barren wastes of the Mojave Desert, but figuratively in the landscape of an arid soul — it remains more than three decades after its original publication a profoundly disturbing novel, riveting in its exploration of a woman and a society in crisis and stunning in the still-startling intensity of its prose.
MOBI Play It As It Lays read online iPad. Paperback book Play It As It Lays by Joan Didion download on Audible. FB2 ebook Play It As It Lays on Kobo.
Hardback book Play It As It Lays Joan Didion buy cheap for PocketBook. TXT ebook Play It As It Lays Joan Didion read on Android. PDF Play It As It Lays buy on Powells.