- This topic is empty.
November 3, 2020 at 6:59 am #3635Dave KarcznerGuest
The Summer Isles
A Voyage of the Imagination
by Philip Marsden
- Places: Summer Isles, Scotland, Hebrides, Scotland, Ireland
- Awards: The Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize Nominee for Longlist (2020)
- Genres: travel, scotland, ireland, history, nature, travelogue
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781783782994 (1783782994)
- Author: Philip Marsden
- Format: hardcover, 352 pages
- Publisher: Granta Books
- Characters: Grace O’Malley, Ted Hughes, Saint Columba, Seamus Heaney, W.B. Yeats
- Release date: October 8, 2019
About The Book
From the acclaimed author of Rising Ground, this is the story of a sea voyage to the Summer Isles, an enticing, periodically inhabited archipelago off the Scottish Highlands. To reach them, Marsden must head north, sailing a course along the exposed and exhilarating western coasts of Ireland and Scotland. It is a course that has been followed for centuries by explorers and adventurers, fishermen and monks, all drawn to the western seas and their distant horizons. But as much as the journey of men, this book is about the journey of ideas: of nostalgia and a very particular kind of geographical yearning; of a culture and language that has been shaped by its dramatic topography; of the local legend and lore that live on to this day.
Combining travel writing, memoir and cultural history, The Summer Isles is a book about the search for real places, for imagined places, and for places that might always exist somewhere in between.
EPUB The Summer Isles download on iPhone on Audible. FictionBook ebook The Summer Isles Philip Marsden buy. MOBI book The Summer Isles read online for Mac.
PDF book The Summer Isles by Philip Marsden on Bookshop. FB2 ebook The Summer Isles Philip Marsden download PC. Paperback The Summer Isles on Booktopia.
TXT The Summer Isles read on reader on Book Depository. MP3 book The Summer Isles by Philip Marsden buy cheap. Hardcover ebook The Summer Isles buy cheap Kindle on Amazon.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.