- This topic is empty.
November 5, 2020 at 12:27 am #4105Martha ChastainGuest
The Ocean at the End of the Lane
by Neil Gaiman
- Format: hardcover, 181 pages
- Release date: June 18, 2013
- Awards: Nebula Award Nominee for Best Novel (2013), Locus Award for Best Fantasy Novel (2014), World Fantasy Award Nominee for Best Novel (2014), Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Nominee for Adult Literature (2014), Specsavers National Book Award for Book of the Year (2013)
- Genres: fantasy, fiction, horror, adult, paranormal
- Publisher: William Morrow Books
- Characters: Lettie Hempstock, Ursula Monkton, The Nameless Boy, Ginnie Hempstock, Old Mrs. Hempstock
- ISBN: 9780062255655 (0062255657)
- Places: Sussex, England
- Author: Neil Gaiman
- Language: english
About The Book
Sussex, England. A middle-aged man returns to his childhood home to attend a funeral. Although the house he lived in is long gone, he is drawn to the farm at the end of the road, where, when he was seven, he encountered a most remarkable girl, Lettie Hempstock, and her mother and grandmother. He hasn’t thought of Lettie in decades, and yet as he sits by the pond (a pond that she’d claimed was an ocean) behind the ramshackle old farmhouse, the unremembered past comes flooding back. And it is a past too strange, too frightening, too dangerous to have happened to anyone, let alone a small boy.
Forty years earlier, a man committed suicide in a stolen car at this farm at the end of the road. Like a fuse on a firework, his death lit a touchpaper and resonated in unimaginable ways. The darkness was unleashed, something scary and thoroughly incomprehensible to a little boy. And Lettie — magical, comforting, wise beyond her years — promised to protect him, no matter what.
A groundbreaking work from a master, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is told with a rare understanding of all that makes us human, and shows the power of stories to reveal and shelter us from the darkness inside and out. It is a stirring, terrifying, and elegiac fable as delicate as a butterfly’s wing and as menacing as a knife in the dark.
MP3 ebook The Ocean at the End of the Lane Neil Gaiman read on Book Depository. MOBI The Ocean at the End of the Lane for iPad. FB2 book The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman download on Kindle.
PDF ebook The Ocean at the End of the Lane buy on Audible. TXT The Ocean at the End of the Lane PC. Paperback book The Ocean at the End of the Lane Neil Gaiman download on IndieBound.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.