- This topic is empty.
November 3, 2020 at 4:40 pm #3759Anthony HowardGuest
(The Theban Plays, #1)
by Sophocles, J.E. Thomas
- Format: paperback, 75 pages
- Characters: Oedipus, Tiresias, Creon, Jocasta (Greek Mythology), Sphinx (Greek mythology)
- Publisher: Prestwick House – (Literary Touchstone Classic)
- Genres: classics, plays, fiction, drama, school, mythology, theatre, literature
- ISBN: 9781580495936 (1580495931)
- Author: Sophocles, J.E. Thomas
- Places: Greece
- Series: The Theban Plays, #1
- Language: english
- Release date: June 22, 2006
About The Book
“…what man wins more happiness than just its shape and the ruin when that shape collapses?”
Sophocles’ Oedipus Rex has never been surpassed for the raw and terrible power with which its hero struggles to answer the eternal question, “Who am I?” The play, a story of a king who acting entirely in ignorance kills his father and marries his mother, unfolds with shattering power; we are helplessly carried along with Oedipus towards the final, horrific truth.
To make Oedipus more accessible for the modern reader, our Prestwick House Literary Touchstone Classics includes a glossary of the more difficult words, as well as convenient sidebar notes to enlighten the reader on aspects that may be confusing or overlooked. We hope that the reader may, through this edition, more fully enjoy the beauty of the verse, the wisdom of the insights, and the impact of the drama.
MP3 book Oedipus Rex Sophocles for PocketBook. MOBI Oedipus Rex download on Kobo. FB2 ebook Oedipus Rex by Sophocles buy cheap Mac on Walmart. Hardback Oedipus Rex read.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.