- This topic is empty.
November 6, 2020 at 5:24 pm #4439Sarah BalestrinoGuest
Midnight in Peking
How the Murder of a Young Englishwoman Haunted the Last Days of Old China
by Paul French
- Author: Paul French
- Genres: history, china, mystery, crime, asia, historical
- Awards: Edgar Award for Best Fact Crime (2013), CWA Gold Dagger Award for Non-Fiction (2013), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for History & Biography (2012)
- Format: hardcover, 260 pages
- ISBN: 9780143121008 (0143121006)
- Release date: April 24, 2012
- Publisher: Penguin (Non-Classics)
- Places: Beijing
- Language: english
About The Book
Peking in 1937 is a heady mix of privilege and scandal, opulence and opium dens, rumors and superstition. The Japanese are encircling the city, and the discovery of Pamela Werner’s body sends a shiver through already nervous Peking. Is it the work of a madman? One of the ruthless Japanese soldiers now surrounding the city? Or perhaps the dreaded fox spirits? With the suspect list growing and clues sparse, two detectives — one British and one Chinese — race against the clock to solve the crime before the Japanese invade and Peking as they know it is gone forever. Can they find the killer in time, before the Japanese invade?
Historian and China expert Paul French at last uncovers the truth behind this notorious murder, and offers a rare glimpse of the last days of colonial Peking.
Winner of the both the Edgar Award for Best Fact Crime and the CWA Non-Fiction Dagger
FictionBook book Midnight in Peking by Paul French download Kindle. Paperback Midnight in Peking buy on Book Depository. Hardback ebook Midnight in Peking. Online ebook Midnight in Peking Paul French read online for iPhone on Bookshop. TXT book Midnight in Peking read.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.