- This topic is empty.
October 27, 2020 at 7:54 pm #2674Jonathan RushGuest
Twenty-one Truths About Love
by Matthew Dicks
- Release date: November 19, 2019
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Press)
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 352 pages
- Author: Matthew Dicks
- ISBN: 9781250103482 (1250103487)
About The Book
From the beloved author of Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend comes a wonderful new novel about a struggling man, written entirely in lists.
Daniel Mayrock’s life is at a crossroads. He knows the following to be true:
1. He loves his wife Jill… more than anything.
2. He only regrets quitting his job and opening a bookshop a little (maybe more than a little)
3. Jill is ready to have a baby.
4. The bookshop isn’t doing well. Financial crisis is imminent. Dan doesn’t know how to fix it.
5. Dan hasn’t told Jill about their financial trouble.
6. Then Jill gets pregnant.
This heartfelt story is about the lengths one man will go to and the risks he will take to save his family. But Dan doesn’t just want to save his failing bookstore and his family’s finances:
1. Dan wants to do something special.
2. He’s a man who is tired of feeling ordinary.
3. He’s sick of feeling like a failure.
4. He doesn’t want to live in the shadow of his wife’s deceased first husband.
Dan is also an obsessive list maker; his story unfolds entirely in his lists, which are brimming with Dan’s hilarious sense of humor, unique world-view, and deeply personal thoughts. When read in full, his lists paint a picture of a man struggling to be a man, a man who has reached a point where he’s willing to do anything for the love (and soon-to-be new love) of his life.
Online Twenty-one Truths About Love on Amazon. FictionBook ebook Twenty-one Truths About Love Matthew Dicks buy cheap iOS. PDF book Twenty-one Truths About Love read for iPhone. Paperback book Twenty-one Truths About Love by Matthew Dicks download on Audible.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.