- This topic is empty.
November 3, 2020 at 5:33 pm #3769Bonita WenkeGuest
by Naomi Alderman
- Language: english
- Author: Naomi Alderman
- Release date: October 27, 2017
- Publisher: Viking
- Places: Lagos, Riyadh, Manfouha
- Genres: fiction, feminism, dystopia, fantasy, adult, contemporary
- Awards: Orwell Prize Nominee for Longlist (2017), James Tiptree Jr. Award Nominee for Longlist (2017), Women’s Prize for Fiction (2017)
- ISBN: 9780670919987 (0670919985)
- Characters: Roxy Monke, Allie Montgomery-Taylor (Mother Eve), Olatunde “Tunde” Edo, Margot Cleary, Jocelyn Cleary
- Format: hardcover, 341 pages
About The Book
In The Power the world is a recognisable place: there’s a rich Nigerian kid who lounges around the family pool; a foster girl whose religious parents hide their true nature; a local American politician; a tough London girl from a tricky family. But something vital has changed, causing their lives to converge with devastating effect. Teenage girls now have immense physical power — they can cause agonising pain and even death. And, with this small twist of nature, the world changes utterly.
This extraordinary novel by Naomi Alderman, a Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year and Granta Best of British writer, is not only a gripping story of how the world would change if power was in the hands of women but also exposes, with breath-taking daring, our contemporary world.
Paperback book The Power Naomi Alderman read online on Audible. MOBI ebook The Power buy cheap on reader. Online The Power. FB2 book The Power by Naomi Alderman download for iOS on Amazon. FictionBook The Power PC on Book Depository.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.