- This topic is empty.
November 8, 2020 at 8:23 pm #4890Jewel SmithGuest
I Am Malala
The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
by Malala Yousafzai, Christina Lamb
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Author: Malala Yousafzai, Christina Lamb
- Characters: Malala Yousafzai
- Places: Lembah Swat
- Format: hardcover, 327 pages
- Language: english
- Genres: biography, memoir, feminism, autobiography, history, politics, education
- ISBN: 9780316322409 (0316322407)
- Release date: October 8, 2013
- Awards: Lincoln Award Nominee (2017), Australian Book Industry Award (ABIA) Nominee for International Book (2014), Goodreads Choice Award for Memoir & Autobiography (2013)
About The Book
I come from a country that was created at midnight. When I almost died it was just after midday.
When the Taliban took control of the Swat Valley in Pakistan, one girl spoke out. Malala Yousafzai refused to be silenced and fought for her right to an education.
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012, when she was fifteen, she almost paid the ultimate price. She was shot in the head at point-blank range while riding the bus home from school, and few expected her to survive.
Instead, Malala’s miraculous recovery has taken her on an extraordinary journey from a remote valley in northern Pakistan to the halls of the United Nations in New York. At sixteen, she has become a global symbol of peaceful protest and the youngest-ever Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
I Am Malala is the remarkable tale of a family uprooted by global terrorism, of the fight for girls’ education, of a father who, himself a school owner, championed and encouraged his daughter to write and attend school, and of brave parents who have a fierce love for their daughter in a society that prizes sons.
Paperback I Am Malala Malala Yousafzai buy cheap on iOS on Powells. PDF ebook I Am Malala read. Hardback book I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai download for reader on Amazon. TXT ebook I Am Malala.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.