- This topic is empty.
November 9, 2020 at 1:59 am #4940Matthew PettiesGuest
(Inspector Rebus, #12)
by Ian Rankin
- Series: Inspector Rebus, #12
- Characters: Inspector John Rebus
- ISBN: 9780752877259 (0752877259)
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 479 pages
- Genres: mystery, crime, fiction, scotland, thriller, detective, contemporary
- Awards: Barry Award Nominee for Best British Crime Novel (2002), Deutscher Krimi Preis for 2. Platz International (2003)
- Author: Ian Rankin
- Places: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Publisher: Orion
- Release date: September 22, 2005
About The Book
When a young woman goes missing near his native Edinburgh, Scotland, Rebus finds himself just one small cog in the huge wheel of an inquiry set in motion by her powerfully rich father. Struggling to deal with both his own often-terrifying inner demons as well as the monstrous bureaucracy of the investigative team, Rebus finds himself drawn again and again into the case, desperately searching for the girl’s salvation, as well as his own.
In time Rebus uncovers two leads: one, a carved wooden doll stuffed tightly into a tiny casket, and the other the missing girl’s possible involvement in a dark, disturbing Internet-based role-playing game. He enlists the help of the tech-savvy DC Siobhan Clarke, who is young enough to know her way around the net, but who may not be old and wise enough to avoid potentially deadly pitfalls and traps. Meanwhile, Rebus tracks down stories of similar caskets and dolls turning up in the area deep into Edinburgh’s past, some stretching back to a time when body-snatchers turned into brutal killers.
As Rebus and Clarke delve deeper and deeper into these perilous and obscure worlds, ancient and modern evils begin to converge and soon Rebus finds he’s besieged by an impenetrable mass of secrets, lies, and deadly deceit that only he can make sense of.
Hardcover ebook The Falls by Ian Rankin download on iPad on IndieBound. Online The Falls buy. PDF book The Falls Ian Rankin for Android. MOBI ebook The Falls read online on Books-a-Million. Paperback book The Falls buy cheap.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.