- This topic is empty.
November 2, 2020 at 11:15 pm #3519Charlotte BoldenGuest
Notes from a Young Black Chef
by Kwame Onwuachi, Joshua David Stein
- Release date: April 9, 2019
- Author: Kwame Onwuachi, Joshua David Stein
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781524732622 (1524732621)
- Format: hardcover, 288 pages
- Awards: Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Food & Cookbooks (2019)
- Genres: memoir, food, cookbooks, biography, cooking, race
- Publisher: Knopf Publishing Group
About The Book
By the time he was twenty-seven, Kwame Onwuachi had competed on Top Chef, cooked at the White House, and opened and closed one of the most talked about restaurants in America. In this memoir, he shares the remarkable story of his culinary coming-of-age. Growing up in the Bronx and Nigeria (where he was sent by his mother to “learn respect”), food was Onwuachi’s great love. He launched his own catering company with twenty thousand dollars he made selling candy on the subway, and trained in the kitchens of some of the most acclaimed restaurants in the country.
But the road to success is riddled with potholes. As a young chef, Onwuachi was forced to grapple with just how unwelcoming the world of fine dining can be for people of color, and his first restaurant, the culmination of years of planning, shuttered just months after opening. -Notes from a Young Black Chef is one man’s pursuit of his passions, despite the odds.
TXT ebook Notes from a Young Black Chef on iPhone. MP3 book Notes from a Young Black Chef Kwame Onwuachi buy on Books-a-Million. FictionBook Notes from a Young Black Chef read on Audible. FB2 book Notes from a Young Black Chef by Kwame Onwuachi download Android. Hardback ebook Notes from a Young Black Chef Kwame Onwuachi for iPad.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.