- This topic is empty.
November 8, 2020 at 10:40 am #4806Reunion ConnorGuest
by John Rocco
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 40 pages
- Release date: May 24, 2011
- ISBN: 9781423121909 (1423121902)
- Awards: Caldecott Medal Nominee (2012), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Picture Books (2011)
- Author: John Rocco
- Genres: childrens, family, fiction, cultural, storytime, kids, juvenile
- Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
About The Book
One hot summer night in the city, all the power goes out. The TV shuts off and a boy wails, “Mommm!” His sister can no longer use the phone, Mom can’t work on her computer, and Dad can’t finish cooking dinner. What’s a family to do? When they go up to the roof to escape the heat, they find the lights — in stars that can be seen for a change — and so many neighbors it’s like a block party in the sky! On the street below, people are having just as much fun — talking, rollerblading, and eating ice cream before it melts. The boy and his family enjoy being not so busy for once. They even have time to play a board game together. When the electricity is restored, everything can go back to normal … but not everyone likes normal. The boy switches off the lights, and out comes the board game again.
Using a combination of panels and full bleed illustrations that move from color to black-and-white and back to color, John Rocco shows that if we are willing to put our cares aside for a while, there is party potential in a summer blackout.
Hardback ebook Blackout for iPad. TXT Blackout by John Rocco buy cheap on Walmart. Online book Blackout download. Hardcover book Blackout John Rocco read online on iOS on Bookshop.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.