- This topic is empty.
November 4, 2020 at 2:08 am #3889Matthew ElkinsGuest
(Black Hole #1-12)
by Charles Burns
- Genres: comics, horror, fiction, comix, fantasy
- Publisher: Pantheon
- Author: Charles Burns
- Release date: October 18, 2005
- ISBN: 9780375423802 (037542380X)
- Language: english
- Series: Black Hole #1-12
- Awards: Harvey Awards for Best Graphic Album of Previously Published Work (2006), Ignatz Award for Outstanding Anthology or Collection (2006), Prix du Festival d’Angoulême for Les Essentiels d’Angoulême (2007), Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards for Best Graphic Album: Reprint (2006)
- Places: Seattle, Washington
- Format: hardcover, 368 pages
About The Book
Suburban Seattle, the mid-1970s. We learn from the out-set that a strange plague has descended upon the area’s teenagers, transmitted by sexual contact. The disease is manifested in any number of ways — from the hideously grotesque to the subtle (and concealable) — but once you’ve got it, that’s it. There’s no turning back.
As we inhabit the heads of several key characters — some kids who have it, some who don’t, some who are about to get it — what unfolds isn’t the expected battle to fight the plague, or bring heightened awareness to it , or even to treat it. What we become witness to instead is a fascinating and eerie portrait of the nature of high school alienation itself — the savagery, the cruelty, the relentless anxiety and ennui, the longing for escape.
And then the murders start.
As hypnotically beautiful as it is horrifying, Black Hole transcends its genre by deftly exploring a specific American cultural moment in flux and the kids who are caught in it- back when it wasn’t exactly cool to be a hippie anymore, but Bowie was still just a little too weird.
To say nothing of sprouting horns and molting your skin…
EPUB book Black Hole by Charles Burns Kindle. Hardback Black Hole buy on Dymocks. MOBI ebook Black Hole Charles Burns read online on PC. FictionBook Black Hole download on Walmart.
FB2 ebook Black Hole buy cheap on Audible. PDF book Black Hole Charles Burns read for Android. MP3 ebook Black Hole download on Kobo. Online Black Hole by Charles Burns Mac.