- This topic is empty.
November 4, 2020 at 11:53 pm #4100Arshad HowardGuest
The Memory Police
by Yōko Ogawa, Stephen Snyder
- Release date: August 13, 2019
- Genres: fiction, dystopia, japan, adult, fantasy, asia
- Language: english
- Awards: World Fantasy Award Nominee for Best Novel (2020), BTBA Best Translated Book Award Nominee for Fiction Longlist (2020), National Book Award Finalist for Translated Literature (2019), International Booker Prize Nominee for Shortlist (2020)
- ISBN: 9781101870600 (1101870605)
- Publisher: Pantheon Books
- Format: hardcover, 274 pages
- Author: Yōko Ogawa, Stephen Snyder
About The Book
A haunting, Orwellian novel about the terrors of state surveillance, from the acclaimed author of The Housekeeper and the Professor
On an unnamed island off an unnamed coast, objects are disappearing: first hats, then ribbons, birds, roses — until things become much more serious. Most of the island’s inhabitants are oblivious to these changes, while those few imbued with the power to recall the lost objects live in fear of the draconian Memory Police, who are committed to ensuring that what has disappeared remains forgotten.
When a young woman who is struggling to maintain her career as a novelist discovers that her editor is in danger from the Memory Police, she concocts a plan to hide him beneath her floorboards. As fear and loss close in around them, they cling to her writing as the last way of preserving the past.
A surreal, provocative fable about the power of memory and the trauma of loss, The Memory Police is a stunning new work from one of the most exciting contemporary authors writing in any language.
EPUB ebook The Memory Police on Kindle. MOBI The Memory Police Yōko Ogawa buy cheap on Booktopia. MP3 book The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa read PocketBook. PDF ebook The Memory Police download on Books-a-Million. Hardback book The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa read online for PC.
Paperback The Memory Police on Walmart. FB2 The Memory Police buy. Online ebook The Memory Police Yōko Ogawa download on Android on Book Depository. TXT book The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa read online on IndieBound. FictionBook book The Memory Police for Mac.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.