- This topic is empty.
November 7, 2020 at 4:53 pm #4634Liz ZafferGuest
Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You
by Peter Cameron
- Places: Manhattan, New York City, New York, New York City, New York
- Release date: September 18, 2007
- Genres: fiction, lgbt, contemporary, queer, teen, gay, novels
- ISBN: 9780374309893 (0374309892)
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 229 pages
- Author: Peter Cameron
- Publisher: Frances Foster
- Awards: Ferro-Grumley Award for Gay Fiction (2008)
About The Book
It’s time for eighteen-year-old James Sveck to begin his freshman year at Brown. Instead, he’s surfing the real estate listings, searching for a sanctuary — a nice farmhouse in Kansas, perhaps. Although James lives in twenty-first-century Manhattan, he’s more at home in the faraway worlds of Eric Rohmer or Anthony Trollope — or his favorite writer, the obscure and tragic Denton Welch. James’s sense of dislocation is exacerbated by his willfully self-absorbed parents, a disdainful sister, his Teutonically cryptic shrink, and an increasingly vague, D-list celebrity grandmother. Compounding matters is James’s growing infatuation with a handsome male colleague at the art gallery his mother owns, where James supposedly works at his summer job but where he actually plots his escape to the prairie.
FB2 book Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You download Mac. Paperback Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You Peter Cameron buy on Amazon. TXT ebook Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You by Peter Cameron read on Booktopia. Hardcover ebook Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You on PC.
- The forum ‘ProjectAT Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.